Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Room for Activities

My dream was to have October's challenge be Learn to Play the Banjo!  But alas, due to vacations and The Crazy, I wasn't able to set it up.  Instead... NO TV (that includes Netflix, Hulu, HGBGo, and so on).  That's less exciting than learning to play the banjo and starting my own one-woman bluegrass band, but there will be so much room for activities without television!  I decided on this challenge late last night and I had already been watching the old boob tube, so, uhh, yesterday doesn't count.  This I have decreed.  Or how about, I get a one-day pass since I also have to walk 15 miles this month and last night I used that pass.  MULLIGAN!

I'm excited about this one.  I have an ever-growing pile of books I'd like to tackle, but I always find myself sucked into one show after another -- and some of them not even good shows, just filler -- and the pile remains alone and neglected.  (Much like my ... oh, never mind.)

I don't have the self-control to stop watching TV on my own, so having this blog is a convenient way to trick my brain into thinking I actually want to do whatever the thing is for the month (except for swearing; there's no tricking my brain when it comes to swearing.  Or meditating.) and I might actually be able cross off some of the items on my "To Do" (or "To Read") list.

What I think I'm going to do in the evenings with all my extra time:

- read
- journal
- draw/paint things

Like this!  Drew and painted over the summer.
(Also, Ox)
- exercise more
- volunteer more
- spend more time with friends

What I'll probably do in the evenings with all my extra time:

- nap
- browse reddit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting. You da best!