Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The Other Half

Thankfully there are two parts to July's challenge and I'm kicking butt on the second half.  Exercise every day.  That's it.  Simple, to the point, none of this "try to stop doing something you do multiple times a day every single day" business.  Just get your butt off the couch and move. 

(I like to move it, move it... I like to MOVE IT.)

So I've been doing that.  I don't necessarily have to do a full-blown workout every day, but I have to do something for at least 20 minutes.  That is the arbitrary rule I made up.  My angry hips and knees are the impetus for this challenge.  I've been going to physical therapy twice a week for the past two months for said angry hips and knees.  My knees feel stellar now, but my hips are still a bit sullen. 

"How are you feeling today?"
"Oh, I don't know.  I'm a little melancholy."

In order to keep them in their current state (and possibly a happier, more well-adjusted one), I have to continue with the exercises and stretches I suffered through during therapy.  I thought doing this challenge would be a good way to establish a habit, a routine, whatever.

I like it when things feel good so...  well, that's it, really.  Doing things to feel good.

I also like thistles, so here's one.

Tattoo meets real life.  Ish.
In other news, I have kept the swearing to a minimum the past two days -- only one "ffffuuuuuu..." (but with consonants) per day.  Progress!

In other-other news, I saw these faces this past weekend and now I miss these faces and wish I could smooch them.

They were less blurry a couple days ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting. You da best!