Friday, March 30, 2012

Sass

If this picture of my my niece, the Cutie Patootie Penny Lee, isn't the epitome of "sass", I don't know what is.


Yeah, that's right.

I'm damn near flabbergasted that it's been almost a month since I've posted anything.  It is with sass and determination that I pull myself back in the saddle and get down to brass tacks.

Brass tacks = blog posts.  Like, a bunch of 'em.

What the hell does that phrase even mean?  "Get down to brass tacks"?  I went to my Google machine and checked it out.  Wikipedia says, "In colloquial English, brass tacks refers to the fundamental or essential elements of a topic."

Wow.  That's super helpful.  Thanks, Wikipedia.  The Phrase Finder says it has something to do with measuring fabric.  Whatever.  I say it has to do with blogs.

I have spoken.

2 comments:

Thanks for reading and commenting. You da best!