Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Too Sexy for This Hat (Basket)

I have a hat basket.

Durr.
In fact, I have two hat baskets.

I'm too sexy for this basket.

Sixteen days into this month's challenge and one thing is blindingly obvious:  I have too many things.  More importantly, I have too many of the same things -- too many varieties.  Yes, it's nice to have choices, but do I need 27 choices?  I think not.

Hat table.
I got rid of of six of these hats, and that's best I can do.  The rest are in rotation and I can honestly say, they all get worn.  I can also say, I never need to buy another hat.  Like, ever.

I can't bring myself to get rid of this beauty, bought in Peru.  An island on Lake Titicaca, to be exact.  (You can laugh at that island name if you want, there's no judgement here.)

I am made of memories, but also, ugly.

It's hideous and I will never wear it, but it's wrapped up in some wonderfully delicious memories.  That trip ... sigh ... it has a warm, fuzzy place in my heart.  Of all my travels throughout the years, it holds the #1 spot; it'll be tough to knock it from its perch.

I also have an excessive number of bags -- purses, backpacks, wallets, etc.  I'm not going to include a picture because it's embarrassing.  I am embarrassed to have spent so much money on shit I hang in a closet, or stuff in a drawer, never to see the light of day.  I took a bunch of them to my cousin, Amy's, yard sale over the weekend, made a few ducats and lightened the bag load.  Yay me?

I had no qualms about getting rid of any of this stuff.  Perhaps, in time, I'll get rid of even more.  Baby steps...

On second thought, I look pretty damn good in this hat.
Maybe I should start wearing it...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting. You da best!