Thursday, April 12, 2012

Ch-ch-ch-chaaanges

This summer, my sister will be living with me.  In my one-bedroom apartment.  That has one bed.  It's ... uh ... it'll be fine.  Really.  Bonding!  We're going to bond!

Hi.  I'm real pretty, but I'm going to steal all of your covers.

While she's here stealing my covers, she'll also be interning with RAINN.  Good job, little sister.  (But you will also need to get a real job, slacker.  I'm not feeding your all summer.)

That's a lie.  I will totally feed her, which brings me to the point of this post.  Little sis is a vegetarian, so in order to make it a bit easier to cook meals for us, I'm going to move up the veg challenge.  While I'm here, I'm going to swap some other things as well.

May:  No eating out.  Walk 100 miles.
June:  Walk 100 miles.  Eat vegetarian.
July:  No TV.
August:  Daily dancing.  No eating out, with the exception of social gatherings.
September:  Eat vegetarian.  No TV (this includes Netflix, Hulu, etc.)
October:  Try a new food/recipe.
November:  Learn something new.
December:  No swearing.

You'll notice that July is still in need.  It longs for a challenge.  I don't like the 'daily dancing' idea; frankly, it doesn't seem like much of a challenge.  Here are a few other ideas and, as always, I welcome your suggestions:

1.  Get rid of one thing every day.
2.  Exercise for 30 minutes every day (might be a bit redundant with the 'Walk 100 miles')
3.  No sugar.
4.  Learn a particular style of dance, rather than leaving it nebulus.
5.  Learn a language.  Or part of one.

Hm.  Upon further reflection, perhaps it should be "No caffeine."

The first step is admitting you have a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting. You da best!