Saturday, April 7, 2012

I Am Annoyed

Quick meditation story...

A few weeks ago I was having a bit of a crap day.  Nothing in particular, just "one of those days" where nothing was going right.  I was tired, very hungry (read: bitchy), a bit stressed and I had dinner plans with a friend that evening.  I thought it would be in both of our best interests if I took a few minutes to collect my thoughts and ... find my happy place.

I usually say a little mantra to myself as I begin meditating:

Breathing in I calm my body,
Breathing out I smile.

Read in a book once.

So, I laid down, feeling irritated and hangry (hungry + angry) and started focusing on my breath.

... breathing in I calm my body ...
... breathing out I am annoyed...

Wait ... whut?  HAHAHAHAHA.  I laughed so hard.  Instant de-crabbify.  My Brain just threw out some truth in the middle of my serene moment.  Bitch is keeping it real.  It worked though; I was no longer a grumpasaurus.

I like my posts to have pictures, so I googled "Grumpasaurus."  I got this:

I am adorable.

And for some reason, this.

It's time for change ...
A change into my BROCCOLI HAT!

But seriously ... WTF?  

Must ... understand ...

I went back to the source of the image and the title is "Baroccoli Obama."  Oh.  I see what you did there.  Clever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting. You da best!