Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Cold in Coney

Last weekend, I braved the elements and drove to Lonaconing, MD to visit Mindy & Eric.  As it turned out, the "elements" were minimal -- some freezing rain and a wee bit o' snow -- and listening to  Neil Gaiman's The Graveyard Book kept me well entertained on the way.  Three hours in the car?  No problem with Gaiman on-hand (or, in ears).

Mindy and her hubby have been working furiously to get her new studio/boutique up and running.


Pretty by Mindy!

I helped!   They painted, I took pretty pictures:

This is helping.  Really.

It's a good thing I was there.

The blue does look better on the shelf than on the cup.

Very soon I will have things on me.
(that's what she said)
(that doesn't really work, but I'm leaving it)

Eric made some ahhmaaaaazing chili (seriously, I wish he would bottle that shit) and I got to bring home what is clearly the greatest pillow ever made.  Behold:

Fear is the mind-killer.

This magical pillow was designed and sewn by Mindy.  She has a website.  You should go there and buy things.  And check out her blog.

THE SPICE MUST FLOW!

(January 20-21)

6 comments:

  1. Sigh.... I feel like it's always cold in Coney. Fan-fricken-tastic to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mindy, I'm happy to hear you enjoyed my window painting. I'm also looking for ways to supplement my income, so I'm available if you'd like to hire me to work on your new window display.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cannot wait to see the new space! I also love the window painting...

    (How is the Graveyard Book, BTW?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm telling you, I could start a side business. February is the "month of being creative".

    (It wasn't my favorite of Gaiman's, but it's worth a read. Quick and easy. Just like me. OHH!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting. You da best!