Sunday, January 1, 2012

January 1st, an Inauspicious Start

I got a robot kit for Christmas this year, a little shout-out to my childhood.  Have you ever put a robot together?  Blerg.  There are so many tiny parts.  That shit is not easy.  Solder?  I have to solder something?  Why is that "L" even there?!  What is solder?

Nevertheless, for about an hour or so (after a quick chat with my dad) I was off and soldering and making a mess of things.

... and then I grabbed the soldering iron by the iron instead of the handle.  My robot-building hobby may be rather short-lived.
















Poor fingers...

So, instead of a picture of my adorable, teeny-tiny mouse robot, here's a picture of the Air Force Memorial.  That I took in the rain.  After missing the exit for Iwo Jima.  And being unable to find parking at Roosevelt Island.  I got a damn picture though, so I'm calling it a win.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting. You da best!