Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Ex Vestis

My creative juices were flowing on Saturday (why does "juices" sound like such a dirty word?  ...Or is that just me?  Also, moist.  Heh.).  I started working on tattoo number ten.  Ten!  Eep!  I'm designing my own book plate, getting them printed, then tattooed on my person.

Here's an example of a book plate,
 if you don't feel like clicking the link up there.

Mine will be much more detailed and awesomer (and will not have my name on it.  Why do people tattoo their names on themselves?  I've never understood that trend.  I'm not saying all mine a winners, but I feel pretty confident that I'll remember my name without having it permanently etched somewhere.) and will have very specific elements that are either symbolic to me or simply make me happy.  (I'm all about the happy.)  I started sketching the design and shit, looking at it now, my tattoo artist, Andrew Conner, won't have to do much work to do; I've basically done it all for him.

This will be my most beautiful tattoo yet.

In addition to that masterpiece up there, Katie and I dressed Colleen for her night out.  She was pretty before we got started, but we helped bump her up a notch or two.

Those boots...

She returned the favor by giving me new hair.  Spectacular new, blue hair.

Crap cell phone picture.
(I miss you, hair)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting. You da best!