Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Sock Star

I have hitherto been very remiss in updating this blog o' mine.  Where do I even begin?  I recovered quite nicely from the dental torture of last week and had a fabulous weekend filled with fabulous people.

Friday, I played with guns.  I was surprised to find myself tense and jumpy when we first got started.  I handled weapons (well, *a* weapon) in the military, but that was many (many) (many) moons ago.  After shooting a dozen or so rounds with the Sig Sauer 9MM pistol, I decided it wasn't the hobby for me and was content to watch everyone else ... until Sean convinced me to try a different gun.

Holy Thunderous .357 Magnum, Batman!

That thing was intense.  And loud, so very loud.  I felt like a sock star.  A gun-wielding, awkward, giggly rock star.  (For those nit-picky grammarians out there (*cough* Kristy *cough*) I do realize I just called myself a "sock star", but given one of my, um, more unique traits, I though it was apropos.)

My creative attempt for the day was to make a smiley face on my target (what else would I make?).  My accuracy is to be envied by gun enthusiasts everywhere.

Happy, happy, happy.

What do you mean you can't see it?  Seriously?  It's so obvious, but here, I'll help you out...

Just play along.

Once again, three cheers for Meredith (for being born) and Sean (for organizing and making bulls eye cupcakes).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting. You da best!